THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and/or services, when you participate in activities on the website, or otherwise when you contact us.
PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED BY YOU
The Personal Data that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The Personal Data we collect may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- email addresses;
- company name;
- preferred language.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to minors.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your Personal Data in the manner in which the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We only use your Personal Data with your consent or when allowed by the governing law of your jurisdiction for legitimate purposes. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing or other uses of your Personal Data, in accordance with governing law of your jurisdiction at any time by contacting us via email email@example.com
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics “uses a set of cookies to collect information and report site usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google”. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
If you don’t want Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We may collect mandatory and optional data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We use Email Marketing Service Provider Mailchimp to manage and send emails to you.
Mailchimp is an email marketing sending service provided by The Rocket Science Group LLC.
WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We only process your Personal Data when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e., legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfill our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in the EU or UK, this section applies to you.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your Personal Data. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us express permission (i.e., written consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and/or fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal information in order to develop and display personalized and relevant advertising content for an enhanced user experience.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
If you are located in Canada, this section applies to you.
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention;
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met;
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim;
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin;
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse;
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province;
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records;
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced;
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes;
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Without your express consent, we will not provide your Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing, or that of other third parties.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
Please note that we reserve the right to retain certain information for our own record-keeping (for example, to ensure that you do not receive marketing communications that you have opted-out of receiving) and to defend ourselves against any claims.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, transmission of any personal information to and from our website or during the course of provision of any Services, is at your own risk. You should only access the website or applicable Services within a secure environment.
Should we realize that your sensitive Personal Data has been compromised in a way that risks injury to yourself, we will take the required steps under the law to notify you of this confidentiality incident.
Your Personal Data may be communicated to our service providers operating outside of Canada and Europe. Your information may therefore be used and stored securely in other provinces and countries. In some cases, your information may be subject to the laws and access rights of authorities in foreign countries, including the United States.
In order to handle protect your Personal Data form unauthorized access, we implement the following;
- Your Data is only accessible to members of our staff that need to access this information in the execution of their duties;
- We adhere to the best practices concerning cybersecurity, data access and network security;
- Our staff is regularly trained on the matter of Personal Data protection and confidentiality;
- We regularly obtain confirmation from our service providers of their privacy policies and safety features.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data as listed below:
- Right of access. Request access to your Personal Data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Right of rectification. Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us;
- Right of suppression. Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it;
- Right of suspension. Request restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
You may withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. Furthermore, we may be required to keep some or all of your personal obligations to comply with our obligations under the law. You will be informed if this is the case.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
Last review: August 31st, 2023
Full name of legal entity: Rodeo Production
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Suite 300, 99 Rue Prince, Montreal, Quebec, H3C 2M7, Canada